Tuesday, September 7, 2010

End of the Year Resolutions

Share
Normally, people make resolutions only at the beginning of a year. Then I began to think about this year and how a lot of things are happening to me right now. Its already September, and only a few more months before 2011 rears its head, so why not make the most of the remaining months by making some changes in my life that I will continue in the new year?

So far, here is what I've come up with:
- eat more fruits and vegetables
- eat more fat free yogurt and less ice cream. Yogurts is healthier than ice cream and lighter, therefore I will not feel guilty whenever I have a craving.
- in order to achieve my goal of weighing only 130lbs; I ought to take up brisk walking, jogging or running and lose weight.
- but to do that I must learn to wake up earlier than 9AM.
- maybe take diet pills or less-o-fat pills.
- substitute white rice with red rice. I've learned that whenever I eat red rice, I become fuller and eat less during meals.
- drink more than 8 glasses of water and stop or at least minimize drinking sodas and powdered juices.
- be more green.
- learn more about make-up and actually how to apply it to self. I am good at doing make-up for other people but when it comes to my own face, I am clueless.
- start taking care of my skin. I was fortunate enough not to have any pimple problems, etc. while I was younger, but I think acne has caught up with me and therefore I must take better care of it -- i.e. applying moisturizers, toner, sunblock, the works!
- paint again. Its been ages since I last held a paint brush, and I think that now is the time that I do it again.
- learn more about photography, digital and analog. The learning never stops.
- be a better godmother and aunt to my godchildren, nieces and nephews by being physically involved in their lives as much as my time may permit me. Especially to Bernard, whom, I regret, did not see growing up from his infancy to the vivacious little boy he is now.
- be a better friend to those whose friendships I have taken for granted.
- be more organized, not only with my life but with my things.
- shop less, if that doesn't work, then shop wiser. Before I buy an item; I must check first if the quality of the item is worthy of the price, see if I can buy something that is similar to the item somewhere else, analyze first if the said item is something that I can incorporate with the things I already have, and if I absolutely cannot picture myself without the said item THEN only THEN will I buy it.

I know that it already looks a lot but believe me when I say that there is more room for improvement when it comes to me.

2 comments: