My birthday this year is not the most memorable birthday celebration, it was okay. I had fun in some ways, but it definitely was not memorable. I was thrilled though to see a lot of people greeting me via Facebook, even the ones who I don't talk to greeted me.
My birthday week of celebration started when I went over to my guy's place. We were to go over to his cousin's house nearby and celebrate her own birthday. I've decided to tag along with the celebration since mine was just around the corner. I brought with me some home cooked Tausug meals; tiyula sug or what my uncle calls black beef soup, piyanggang or green chicken, and sambal sauce with cucumbers.
The family loved what I cooked for them, there were hardly any leftovers, but then again, when it came to my guy's family there never is (and yet most of them are so skinny!).
As for my birthday-birthday celebration, I was too busy handling out fliers and yelling at the bazaar to fully enjoy my birthday.
The day before, after we packed up, I went to ATC to have a super late dinner with my girls. They gave me a cake with dedications on the box. Sweet. Of course, my guy was there, too. Sweet x2.
On the day itself, I was still busy at the bazaar when my family called me on my phone and told me they would treat me to a birthday lunch at Leslie's.
Then when we packed up for the final time, I treated my friends to a simple dinner at Outbox. I barely made money from the bazaar, at least I still treated them to a good meal even if it was cheap.
Despite being a year older, I dont feel it. I don't feel that something has dramatically happened just because I'm a year older. Birthdays have become overrated for me, blame it on quarter life crisis.
No comments:
Post a Comment